Eficode Root ROOT services include the following:
- Setup and onboarding
- System specification
- Tool setup, configuration and integration
- Project and team onboarding
- Data migrations, if necessary
- Continuous services, including
- Cloud toolchain cost optimization optimisation (users, computing and storage resource usage)
- Cloud resource billing (optional)
- Software license management
- License management
- Maintenance of separately hosted tools, if any (monitoring, updates, upgrades, incident management, license management)
- On-demand support personnel availability up to 24/7/365
- On-demand support work based on the customer requests
- Value adding service components
- Agile access management with ROOT Team Management (RTM)
- Visibility across the the tools chains with ROOT Insights
For more information on the services above, please refer to the Eficode Root ROOT main Service Description.
Along with the managed Devops DevOps tooling services, Eficode offers a portfolio of value added services including devops maturity assessments, hands-on automated pipeline implementation, and training. See www.eficode.com for details.
System specification service includes the following tasks:
- Current state analysis customer requirement analysis
- Tool selection
- User and access management solution design, including the required integrations (AD, Azure AD, Atlassian Access and alike)
- Definition of the roles and permission management scheme
- E.g. for developer, architect, project manager, product manager, scrum master, tester, etc.
- Tool-to-tool and networking integration requirement analysis and solution design
- E.g. for Chatops ChatOps (Microsoft Teams, Slack)
- Onboarding plan
Setup, configuration and project onboarding
System setup and configuration
Access and user management setup
- Tool setup and configurations
- tool workspace creation
- workflow template selections
- Integrations with systems outside the cloud native service scope
Pilot project onboarding
- Team training, if necessary
- Providing the team with access to the system based on the agreed permission schemas
- Definition an configuration of the team specific processes and ways of working
- Identity team specific custom tooling needs, for example custom CIC/D agents
- Tool-to-tool integrations (e.g. between the Atlassian stack and cloud CI/CD)
- Data migrations from the previously used tools, as necessary (see chapter 2.3)
After the first onboardingsfirst onboarding
- Fine-tuning of the policies and ways of working
- Creating reports based on the team needs
- Cost optimizations optimisations (e.g. usage of cloud tooling resources and licences)
- Performance improvements
- Project data migrations
After the initial project onboardingsonboarding, Eficode will help the projects via on-demand support service, at minimum for the onboarding project duration.
Eficode will assist with data migrations from an on-premise tool to the cloud native tool instance. The migration service includes
- Source system analysis (tools, configurations, extensions/plugins, integrations)
- Target system definition
- Migration planning and execution
From on-premise tool to the cloud version
The migrations from on-prem environment to cloud are relatively straightforward in case the tool remains the same. There are, however, factors that need to be taken into account in migration planning and execution, such as
- Availability and compatibility of plugins and integrations used in the on-prem system
- Potential feature level differences between the cloud and on-prem solutions
- User access management and authentication methods
From tool to another
Migrations to a tool from another vendor require more planning and careful execution of the actual migration work. The migrations may require creation of completely new workflows and integrations, and the feature disparities may cause extensive manual setup and configuration work.
The overall complexity depends on the tool type and the source and target tool specific characteristics. Migrating from one git based version control tool to another is more straightforward than migrations between two project management solutions or CI/CD tool chains. All cases require case-by-case analysis and planning.
optimisation and billing
Cloud native tool costs are typically based on a combination of
- Tool license tier (e.g. regular, pro)
- User count (number of users reserving a license seat)
- Use of computing and networking resources (cloud resource usage)
Eficode optimizes optimises the computing and networking costs with use of dynamic CI/CD agents that reserve cloud resources only during active runtime and by optimizing the optimising the most costly pipelines for better cost effectiveness.
Additionally, we offer monthly, quarterly or yearly cloud service billing based on customer preferences.
Management of the hosted components
Even though many cloud native tool chains are getting quite complete in terms of the provided tooling scope, it is often necessary to fill gaps with additional 3rd party tools.
In these cases, Eficode offers a full range of managed services for tool selection, setup, integration, maintenance, and support.
On demand support and consultancy
Eficode on-demand support team is ready to help the customer teams with anything requests related to tools and tool usage.
We help with project onboardingsonboarding, tool configurations, integrations, and finding the best tool combinations, plugins and extensions.
Eficode CI/CD experts are ready to jump in, on-demand, in case the teams require help in troubleshooting a tool or a pipeline - for example resolving issues with tool integrations, configurations, and performance.
Eficode provides versatile support for creating various types of networking solutions, VPN and network peeringspeering, layered network configurations, and jump machine configurations.
Advanced system configurations
Advanced configurations include custom build agent setup and management, custom plugins, custom integrations, pipeline configuration, and troubleshooting of complex systems.
On-demand support example RACI
This is a RACI example. Roles and responsibilities can be agreed upon case-by-case, depending on the customer preferences.