- Public cloud service integrated tool chains: Microsoft Azure DevopsDevOps, AWS CodepipelineCode pipeline, GCP Cloud Build
- Public cloud service service independent tool chains: GitLab cloud, GitHub cloud, Atlassian cloud
Public cloud service integrated tools, although being able to deploy software to environments outside the said cloud service, are typically optimized to optimised to work within a specific public cloud service domain and possibly with a specific development technology stack. For example, deploying the code outside of the primary cloud service environment may cause additional costs.
- Regulatory compliance with specific requirements for the application runtimes and network security
- Functionality that is incomplete or missing from cloud native tool chains (e.g. features or customizationscustomisation)
- Absolute control over the system configurations and data residency in a specific region or a country
- Full control over the update and upgrade timelines
Additionally, in practice the tools often require environment and workflow specific customizations to customisations to be performed by a tooling expert. For example, CI/CD agents and tools must be fitted to serve various technology and network configurations. Authentication solutions must be designed and implemented with taking into account customer and environment specific integration requirements and policies.
Cloud service integrated tooling solutions may become expensive without proper cost optimizationsoptimisations. Eficode knows how to create cost effective public cloud service based build pipelines and on the other hand, when to utilize alternative solutions. As an example, these solutions are necessary when building with MacOS.
One should keep in mind that managing a cloud based toolchain is not as easy as it may appear to be. System updates can take place unexpectedly and it is great to have someone that guides you through the latest changes.
Eficode ROOT team has plenty of experience in tool chain specification, setup, integration, maintenance, problem prevention, incident management, and on-demand consulting.
We offer our customers the best possible devops DevOps tooling experience and let the customer side personnel to focus on more value adding work such as process automation or actual end product feature development .
- Eficode manages the tool chain and the customer personnel can focus on more value adding work
- The cloud native tool system is cost optimized by optimised by Eficode
- The system is pre-integrated to support tool-to-tool information sharing, also with tools outside the Eficode managed service scope
- The service covers both cloud native and hybrid systems with both cloud native and hosted tools or tool components
- The system is easily expandable with new tools and tool extensions, based on the customer requirements
- The Eficode ROOT support teams helps with the system usage and development, especially in highly demanding admin tasks
- Eficode’s professional services, whether leadership-focused, guiding cultural transformation, or hands-on implementation of automated software delivery pipelines, is readily available
- Eficode offers high quality training courses and programs as part of their services covering all of the aspects of DevOps and the usage of tools